The Methodist Girls' School Alumnae Association respects the privacy of all our members’ personal data and we are committed to safeguarding it. This Policy:
• describes how we collect, use and otherwise handle Personal Data that you provide or make available to us, or that we collect from you, when you use our Website,
• explains the circumstances in which we may transfer this to others; and
• explains about the rights that you have in relation to this Personal Information.
This Policy must be read together with any other legal notices or terms and conditions provided or made available to you on other pages of our Website .
YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your Personal Data (as defined in the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA”)) will be collected, used, disclosed and/or processed in accordance with the PDPA. Examples of Personal Data include your name, email address, IP address details, contact details, work details.
Unless otherwise allowed under any applicable law, we will notify you of the purpose(s) for which your Personal Data may be collected, used, disclosed and/or processed, and obtain your consent for the collection, use, disclosure and/or processing of your Personal Data for the intended purposes
We may collect, use, disclose and/or process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
• to respond to your queries, and/or provide the services and/or information that you have requested for or which we need to communicate to you.
• to provide us with feedback on our services and/or events by completing a survey.
• to comply with any lawful directive or reasonable request from any judicial and/or governmental authority or agency
• for record keeping, statistical analysis, internal reporting and research purposes;
• to ensure network and information security;
• to notify you about changes to our services;
• to investigate and respond to any complaint you make;
• to provide evidence in any dispute or anticipated dispute between you and us;
• to analyse how our Website is being used;
• to customise various aspects of our Website to improve your experience;
• to host, maintain and otherwise support the operation of our Website;
• for the detection and prevention of fraud and other criminal offences;
• for risk management purposes;
• for business and disaster recovery;
• for document retention/storage purposes;
• for database management purposes;
• to ensure the quality of the services we provide to our users;
• for further specific purposes made clear at the point of collection.
To enable us to provide our services to you, we may also be disclosing your Personal Data to third party service providers and/or their affiliates within or outside of Singapore to fulfil one or more of the above purposes. Please be assured that aside from this stated purpose, we will not disclose your Personal Data to any other third parties without first obtaining your consent or unless we are legally entitled to do so in accordance with the PDPA.
If you choose not to provide the Information requested by us, we may not be able to provide you with the information and/or services you have requested or otherwise fulfil the purposes for which we have asked for the Personal Data.
We acknowledge that the information you provide may be confidential. We do not sell, rent, distribute or otherwise make your Personal Data commercially available to any third party, except that we may share information with our service providers for the purposes set out in this Policy. We will maintain the confidentiality of and protect your information in accordance with this Policy and all applicable laws.
We will not be responsible for relying on inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data arising from you not updating us of any changes in your Personal Data that you had initially provided us with. We also cannot assume responsibility for any unauthorized use of your Personal Data by third parties which are wholly attributable to factors beyond our control.
HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA
It is our policy to retain your Personal Data for the length of time required for the specific purpose or purposes for which it was collected. We will also ensure that measures are put in place to destroy or anonymise your Personal Data when (i) the purpose for which that Personal Data was collected is no longer being served by the retention of such Personal Data; and (ii) retention is no longer necessary for any other legal or business purposes.
CHANGES AND UPDATES
We will continue to review and update our policies and procedures and may make changes to this policy. When we make these changes we will publish the updated Policy on our Website. If we make any significant changes, we will take additional steps to inform you of these.
If you have any queries or complaints on how your Personal Data is being collected, used, disclosed and/or processed or if you wish to withdraw your consent, you may contact us via our Contact Page.
Attention: Data Protection Officer, MGS Alumnae Association
Please provide as much information as possible to help us identify the information you are requesting, the action you are wanting us to take and why you believe this action should be taken. Before assessing your request, we may request additional information in order to identify you.